Thursday, July 10, 2008

Long time!

So it seems like forever since I last posted....guess maybe it has been a while. I did paint the living room blue....it turned out well! Now our focus is on the back yard. We are putting in a patio and let me tell you, it's hard work. The ground here seems to be made of mostly clay with a little sand mixed in about a foot down. Digging is the hardest part. I hate digging! In the past couple days we have put in a small retaining wall and started to put the steps in. Our next course of action is to level the ground and lay the sand and stones. We only have a couple things left to do, but I know it will take a couple weeks to finish. I promise to post pics of our work once we have finished! We are also working in the house. We decided to take the carpet up in the bedrooms and hall upstairs. We knew there were hardwood floors underneath, so we took a chance. We now realize that we have a lot of tedious work ahead of us. The previous owners decided to paint the walls without laying some sort of protective sheet down. There are paint splatters EVERYWHERE!!! I have no idea what they were thinking. But we are going to clean them up and make them shine! Now if we could only get central air......

No comments: