Monday, September 22, 2008

a quick catch up, and a few tears of joy

So this weekend was a wonderful weekend for me. I got to take a trip from Cheyenne to Billings Montana for a Beth Moore conference! What a great time I had. I went with 5 ladies from our church and had a B L A S T!!! The trip up was one filled with beatuy and laughter. Watching the changing season get more in depth the farther north we went was amazing. The conversations were ones filled with questions to get to know each other better, along with some plain craziness. The conference was so much bigger and better than words can begin to describe. There were 4500 women (and a few guys) packed into this arena listening to one of the best speakers that I have ever listened to. Beth's way of intertwineing her life into her Bible study was phenominal! We laughed so hard that we almost peed our pants...several times. During worship almost everyone in the arena had tears flowing with love for our Father. It was unlike anything I have ever experienced....but believe me I AM going to do it again (in May of next year). We all learned a lot this weekend and can't wait till May!
Now for some tears of JOY!
This morning I am fartin' around on the computer, and I have K-LOVE on the radio. As I was sitting here deciding if I wanted to blog now or later, I heard Emily's voice coming from the other room. She had begun singing that song Amazing Grace ( believe it's by Chris Tomlin..I may be wrong though). During the chorus ("My fears are gone, I've been set free. My God my Savior has ransomed me.........") she sung with all of her might, and I lost it. I have never heard her sing any of the songs from the radio...but her voice singing the words to such a powerful song, made my tears flow like there was no tomorrow. I couldn't help but to be reminded of the great Father we have and that he truly knows how to bring us to our knees, weither through tears of sadness or JOY.

No comments: