Thursday, December 4, 2008

The latest in the life of us Warrens

Holy crap! It's been almost 2 months since I last posted....guess I really have been busy! I have been having TS parties like crazy, going to different functions for church, trying to keep Emily entertained until school can start again, trying to keep the house clean or at least manageable, trying to hang with the girls, and so many other things........'tis the season, right!?!? Anywho, we got our first BIG snow (we're talking between 6-8 inches in the past 2 days) of the season and I am taking this opportunity to get caught up, at least a little anyway. Emily has been school less since October 30th....L-O-N-G story there, but hopefully there will be a replacement school SOON!




Work for me has been great. I have had quite a few parties in the past couple months, and 3 more this coming week. I truly have enjoyed getting into the business and seeing all of the opportunities there are for me!




I had a cookie exchange here at the house a couple weeks ago....WHAT FUN! I got some great new recipes and had great fellowship to boot. Can't wait till next year to invite MORE people and have a blast!




We have a new addition to the family.....




His name is Baklava...got that name at the shelter. We decided to keep it cause at the time he was pretty small, pretty sweet, and a little flaky...lol. He truly is the SWEETEST kitty I have ever met. The pic to the right is of him just chillin' on my "shelf". It has become an every day occurrence. The pictures below are of the way he shows his love and affection....he literally gives kisses on the lips and hugs all the time.






We finally got our Christmas tree up this week...only 6 days late. Usually it's up Thanksgiving evening....but it's up. Jay's schedule has been CRAZY and we wanted to put it up as a family, so we had to wait. Almost as soon as we got it up, a little someone wanted to see what it was all about and climbed up and found a spot that was comfy...take a lookSneaky little bugger! He scared the pee out of me. I heard some movement in the tree, but wasn't expecting to have little eyes looking back at me...at eye level. Needless to say we have decided to take extra precautions and REALLY attach all of the ornaments. We might have to leave the tree up till next year since it might take us that long to get everything off of it....lol.
Well I better get back to being a mom for a while. Hope everyone has enjoyed themselves, sorry it's taken so long to post!

No comments: